Completely Redesigned NFL Mobile From Verizon App Highlights 2015 Suite of Products From NFL Digital Media
NFL Mobile from Verizon app redesigned with a “smart” Gameday / Non-gameday feature; premium live video of NFL games included for Verizon Wireless customers plus an option to upgrade to NFL RedZone
NFL Now “2.0” reprogrammed as a virtual 24-7 digital network to provide a constant video stream of the latest NFL news, 32 club channels, plus new “Sunday Blitz” gameday experience
NFL Game Pass introduced in USA; bringing fans the best of premium NFL video and audio
September 8, 2015: Days from the start of the 2015 NFL regular season, NFL Digital Media unveils a suite of products, accessible across an array of platforms and devices, to keep fans entertained and abreast of all the latest news, video, and information on the road to Super Bowl 50.
NFL MOBILE FROM VERIZON
On smartphone or tablet, this is the one NFL app that is a must for the 2015 season and beyond. NFL Mobile from Verizon offers all NFL fans, regardless of their wireless carrier, insider access to the best of the NFL, including in-game highlights, scores, analysis and more. Completely redesigned this offseason, NFL Mobile from Verizon has simpler navigation that automatically responds to what fans expect on a given day.
- Gameday View: On Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays of the NFL’s regular season, NFL Mobile from Verizon will take fans directly into a matchup/scoreboard page so they can immediately get everything they need to know for the upcoming game(s) or the latest scores, play-by-play drive chart, in-progress highlights or, for Verizon Wireless smartphone customers, live video from local and primetime NFL games.
- Non Gameday View: On days when there is no NFL game scheduled, the NFL Mobile from Verizon app showcases the latest news, video, and information fans crave to stay on top of their favorite teams and players.
Verizon Wireless customers using the free-to-download NFL Mobile app on smartphones will have exclusive mobile access to live streaming video of the full slate of local Sunday games, and the Thursday Night Football, Sunday Night Football, and Monday Night Football games as well as NFL Network – but this year, for the first time ever – included at no extra charge. Verizon customers can also purchase NFL RedZone during the regular season for $1.99 a month. (Available in Windows, iOS & Android app stores. Cellular network data usage applies.)
Fans can also access live streaming video of NFL Network and NFL RedZone through NFL.com using Watch NFL Network (NFL.com/watch), with participating cable and satellite providers. For more information, log on to NFL.com/nflnetwork.
In 2014, the NFL announced the creation of NFL Now, a next-generation video experience providing fans with an all-video news, analysis and highlights service for their Internet-connected devices. For 2015, NFL Now has been improved by showcasing a new virtual “network” of digital programming that runs 24-7 (live and on-demand) while giving fans the choice to select a “channel” that delivers only content from their favorite NFL club. Features include:
- NFL Now “Gameday Blitz”: Each and every Sunday of the NFL regular season, NFL Now will get fans ready for all the action starting at 11:30 AM ET with NFL Fantasy Live providing last-minute injury updates and roster suggestions before the games begin, and then moving into Sunday’s games with…
- Dave Dameshek, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ike Taylor and other guests on the couch as they watch the day’s games and provide their reactions in real time. The group will bounce around to all of the NFL games, offering highlights, analysis and previews of upcoming matchups. Fans can also follow every key game highlight on-demand through the afternoon.
- Following Sunday Night Football on NBC, Around the NFL with Gregg Rosenthal, Dan Hanzus, Chris Wesseling and Marc Sessler completes the night with comprehensive analysis and a full recap of the day’s action.
- Team Content: From practice updates to locker room interviews and players features straight from team headquarters, fans can access the latest and most relevant video from each of the 32 NFL clubs through NFL Now.
Offered free of charge, NFL Now is accessible on personal computers at nfl.com/now, through NFL Mobile from Verizon on smartphones and tablets, and in the NFL channel across select consoles and streaming devices, including Microsoft’s Xbox One and Apple TV. NFL Now advertisers include Coors Light, Geico, KFC, Lexus, and National Car Rental.
NFL GAME PASS
New for 2015, NFL Game Pass has been introduced in the United States, consolidating a number of NFL premium video and audio content offerings, including full on-demand game replays and live game audio, into a single-purchase product available across an array of digital platforms. NFL Game Pass in the United States includes:
- Replays of all 256 Regular Season Games On-Demand, in HD (Formerly NFL Game Rewind)
- Includes COACHES FILM with exclusive All-22 and EndZone angles
- Includes CONDENSED GAMES – A look back on entire NFL games in about 30 minutes
- Thousands of Games: Full replays of games from 2009-present, including the 2015 NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl 50 commercial free in HD
- Live Audio of Every NFL Regular Season and Playoff Game – including Super Bowl 50 (Formerly Audio Pass)
- Premium NFL Films Video: Available this season, fans can access shows and video from NFL Films and the more than 100 million feet of film in its library. NFL Films programming including America’s Game, Hard Knocks, and the two-time Emmy-nominated series A Football Life. (Formerly NFL Now Plus)
Fans can access the all new NFL Game Pass on desktop (nfl.com/gamepass), through NFL Mobile from Verizon on smartphones and tablets, and in the NFL channel across select consoles and streaming devices, including Microsoft’s Xbox One and Apple TV. The full season of NFL Game Pass costs $99.99.
The digital destination for all things NFL, NFL.com provides fans, from the casual to hardcore, with everything they need to stay on top of all the news, statistics, and analysis while giving them the tools to win a Fantasy Football championship and get ready for Sundays in the Fall.
Accessible on desktop, tablets, and smartphones, NFL.com provides reporting from industry veterans including Michael Silver, Judy Battista and Jeffri Chadiha along with expert opinions from former NFL players and coaches such as Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin, Willie McGinest, Kurt Warner, Maurice Jones-Drew and Steve Mariucci.
Highlights during the week include Elliot Harrison’s popular Power Rankings column, released each Tuesday, giving a rundown of NFL teams from best to worst, and the “Fantasy Guru,” Michael Fabiano, whose Start ‘Em, Sit’ Em column — published every Wednesday — is among the most popular content on NFL.com.
Additionally, NFL.com provides unique video features such as NFL Up!, NFL NEXT and Journeys.
- The Emmy Award-winning NFL Up! Presented by Gatorade gives fans an in-depth look at what it is like to train at the professional level. NFL players will demonstrate football drills and workout tips, plus give advice on their craft. Each week fans vote for the player workouts they want to see. Topics include speed, agility, strength, endurance, cardio and more. Featured players include Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte, Denver Broncos linebacker DeMarcus Ware, and Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu. Watch and vote at NFL.com/UP.
- Twice a month this NFL season, NFL NEXT Presented by Lincoln will give fans an exclusive look at the cutting edge technology that will shape the future of the NFL. From advancements in virtual reality to innovative replay technology and state-of-the-art equipment making the game safer, NFL NEXT reveals the question of our football future with a touch of wonder.
- Every other week during the season, NFL.com will feature the unique and inspiration journey of six NFL starts and the path that has led to this point in their careers with Journeys Presented by Under Armour. Featured players include Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith, Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib, Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller and many more.
NEXT GEN STATS
New for this year, the National Football League will have a real-time location technology system in all 32 stadiums during the 2015 NFL season. This technology will track players and officials, providing “Next Gen Stats” – never-before-seen insights on player speed and location.
Data will be relayed from radio-frequency identification transmitters placed inside the shoulder pads of NFL players that will capture precise location, speed, and distance-run measurements, in real-time, during the game.
Presented by Esurance, data and statistics from the NFL’s “Next Gen Stats” initiative will be displayed in Gamecenters across NFL.com, NFL app on Xbox, and NFL Mobile and be accessible through NFL.com Fantasy Football.
NFL MEDIA PODCASTS
NFL Media offers four weekly podcasts which are available on several platforms including NFL.com, NFL Now, iTunes and YouTube.
- The Dave Dameshek Football Program – Host Dave Dameshek provides his distinctive take on everything both inside and outside the NFL. Dameshek is joined by regular guests Maurice Jones-Drew and Ike Taylor, and speaks with current players and head coaches from around the NFL
- Move the Sticks – Former NFL scout and current NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah hosts Move the Sticks, along with former NFL player and scout Bucky Brooks. Move the Sticks provides analysis of all the key games and matchups, utilizing both Daniel and Bucky’s unique scouting expertise
- Around the NFL – Gregg Rosenthal, Dan Hanzus, Marc Sessler and Chris Wesseling provide their own entertaining commentary on all of the key NFL news stories
- Fantasy Live – Hosts of show NFL Fantasy Live sit down every week to discuss all of the key fantasy matchups and top performers. Michael Fabiano, James Koh, Marcas Grant, Adam Rank and Alex Gelhar host
NFL.com FANTASY FOOTBALL
Don’t have your league together yet? Haven’t drafted? Not a problem. With the official fantasy game of the National Football League, it’s never too late to get your fantasy season started.
Join, draft, play and win with the official NFL.com Fantasy Football app – the ultimate free fantasy football companion on the go. NFL.com Fantasy Football features a high-quality game day experience, complete with video highlights, free live scoring and push notifications. Additional features to the product include live drafts and full roster management. NFL.com Fantasy Football also provides up-to-the-minute player news, fantasy point projections, an enhanced Player Comparison Tool powered by SAP and the latest user trends.
For league managers, NFL.com Fantasy Football is now easier than ever to customize league settings and invite friends on the go. The NFL.com Fantasy Football app is available on iOS, Android, Windows and Amazon devices.
And, for those looking for a competitive edge with real-time, data-driven insights, the free SAP Player Comparison Tool is now available for team managers, regardless of the fantasy platform they use. Powered by SAP HANA, the Player Comparison Tool computes advanced statistics in seconds to deliver recommendations for users’ fantasy football questions, including “who to start vs. sit,” “who to add vs. drop,” and “who to trade.” Since its introduction in 2013 on NFL.com, the SAP Player Comparison Tool has been used more than 10 million times by team managers.
To sign up to play NFL.com Fantasy Football for free, visit NFL.com/fantasy. Co-presenting sponsors of NFL.com Fantasy Football are Verizon, RAM Trucks, KFC and Snickers.
NFL FANTASY LIVE: Airs on NFL Network, NFL.com & NFL RedZone
NFL Fantasy LIVE is the place for fantasy football players to get all of the information and analysis they need to dominate their fantasy leagues.
Featuring a rotating cast of fantasy experts and analysts including Michael Fabiano, Adam Rank, Akbar Gbajabiamila, Marcas Grant, Elliot Harrison, Matt “Money” Smith and James Koh, NFL Fantasy LIVE streams Monday-Friday at 4:00 PM ET on NFL.com, and airs Monday-Friday at 5:00 PM ET on NFL Network. On Sunday, NFL Fantasy LIVE Presented by GEICO streams on NFL.com and NFL Mobile from Verizon, and airs on NFL RedZone at 11:30 AM ET.
For more information and details, visit NFL.com/fantasy/live
ABOUT NFL MEDIA
NFL Media is comprised of NFL Network, NFL Films, NFL.com, NFL Now, NFL Mobile from Verizon and NFL RedZone.
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
Currently in more than 72 million homes, NFL Network has carriage agreements with each of the country’s largest television providers including Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Cablevision, Cox, Charter, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can also be streamed live on the NFL Mobile from Verizon app (NFL.com/mobile), the NFL app delivered on XBOX from Microsoft, and through Watch NFL Network (NFL.com/watch), with participating cable and satellite providers. For more information, log on to NFL.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.
NFL content has never been more popular across the media landscape. According to the Nielsen Company, the 2014 NFL regular season reached 202.3 million unique viewers, representing 80 percent of all television homes and 68 percent of potential viewers in the U.S. NFL games accounted for the top 20 and 45 of the 50 most-watched TV shows among all programming in 2014.
– NFL MEDIA –