Grants to Hawaiian Non-Profits from the NFL Foundation In Last Decade Total More Than $1.7 Million
With the Pro Bowl returning to Hawaii in 2016, the NFL Foundation will continue its support of Hawaiian-based, youth-serving nonprofits in 2015, recognizing several non-profit organizations through the Pro Bowl Community Grant program. Thirty-five Hawaiian non-profit organizations will benefit from $100,000 as part of the NFL Foundation Pro Bowl Grant Program, the NFL announced today.
The NFL Foundation is providing grants to Hawaiian-based non-profit organizations focused on youth education, health, and physical fitness.
The organizations receiving grants are as follows:
- Adult Friends for Youth
- African American Diversity Cultural Center Hawaii
- American Diabetes Association
- Best Buddies International, Inc. (Hawaii Chapter)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii
- Big Island Mediation, Inc.
- Family Programs Hawaii
- Friends of the Library of Hawaii
- Friends of the Missing Child Center – Hawaii
- Fun Day Foundation
- Girl Scouts of Hawaii
- Habilitat, Inc.
- Hale Kipa, Inc.
- Hawaii Children’s Cancer Foundation
- Hawaii Public Health Association
- Hospice of Kona, Inc.
- HUGS (Help, Understanding & Group Support)
- Imua Family Services
- KAMP Hawaii, Inc.
- Kawaiian Kamalii Inc.
- Make-A-Wish Hawaii, Inc.
- Making Dreams Come True
- Marimed Foundation for Is. Health Care Training
- North Kohala Community Resource Center
- Ohana Komputer
- Polynesian Football Hall of Fame
- Positive Coaching Alliance
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Hawaii
- Talk About Curing Autism (TACA) Hawaii Chapter
- The Children’s Alliance of Hawaii
- Waikiki Community Center
- Waikiki Health Center
- Waimanalo Health Center
- Waipahu Big Boyz Football League
- YMCA of Honolulu
About the NFL Foundation: The National Football League Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of those touched by the game of football – from players at all levels to communities across the country. The NFL Foundation represents the 32 NFL clubs and supports the health and safety of athletes, youth football, and the communities which support our game. For more information on The NFL Foundation, visit: www.NFLFoundation.org.