NFL Network’s NFL Total Access Kickoff & NFL Thursday Night Kickoff Notes & Quotes – Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
NFL Total Access Kickoff aired from outside EverBank Field tonight at 6:00 PM ET on NFL Network, with host Rich Eisen and analysts Michael Irvin, Marshall Faulk and Steve Mariucci providing pregame analysis leading up to Cowboys-Bears on Thursday Night Football.
At 7:30 PM ET on NFL Network, James Brown, Deion Sanders and Bill Cowher hosted NFL Thursday Night Kickoff from inside the stadium. Eisen, Irvin, Mariucci and Faulk appeared on the show.
Quotes from NFL Total Access Kickoff & NFL Thursday Night Kickoff
– “RGIII has nothing to prove in Washington. The reason I say that [is] because it’s over for RGIII in Washington. Here’s the game plan: RGIII needs to go to the Houston Texans.” – Deion Sanders on Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III
– “[Robert Griffin III] has to appear to be healthy because that’s the thing that everybody is watching…He’s got to play quick and fast and resemble that quick, fast rookie that we saw a few years ago.” – Steve Mariucci on Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III
– “When you define [Jay Cutler’s] career you say that you’re enamored with his talent, disappointed with his performance and bothered by his body language. I think when you look at him, he’s a guy that doesn’t inspire those around him. He kind of deflates them.” – Bill Cowher on Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler
– “I’ve never seen a guy who just was so lackadaisical when he made mistakes. I rarely see the hand pointing at him when things go wrong to the receivers, or the [running] back, or the offensive line.” – Marshall Faulk on Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler
– “If Aaron Kromer had to do what he did it’s because he could not go upstairs and tell someone. If you can’t go upstairs and say, ‘Hey coach, GM, owner this is what we have, the problems that we have with our quarterback,’ then it’s above you. You have to do stuff. Sometimes things leak out – and sometimes you want them to leak out because the problem is bigger than you.” – Marshall Faulk on Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer’s comments on Jay Cutler
– “If DeMarco Murray plays in this game it’s going to take a miracle and some really good medicine.” – Marshall Faulk on Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray
– “[Johnny Manziel] understands now that the speed at this level is different. He’ll play better. He’ll make a statement.” – Michael Irvin on Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel
– “Sometimes [Mark Sanchez] truly makes us understand that he’s the backup quarterback. He’s not Nick Foles. It only takes a couple of throws here and there and it’s a whole different outcome in the game they played a week ago.” – Deion Sanders on Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Mark Sanchez
– “You look at the San Diego Chargers and really they are a second level team…They beat the teams they’re supposed to beat but they’re not ready to take the next step.” – Bill Cowher on the San Diego Chargers
– “This [Seattle Seahawks’] defense, it’s playing better than it did a year ago.” – Steve Mariucci on the Seattle Seahawks defense
– “[The Jacksonville Jaguars] reminds me a lot of our young Cowboy team before we got rolling.” – Michael Irvin on the Jacksonville Jaguars offense
– “This is a young football team. I love what they have in terms of a staple moving forward with this kid Blake Bortles.” – Bill Cowher on Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles
– “I have to give a lot of credit to Gus Bradley…This team hasn’t given up. They play hard, they fight until the end, and they do what they need to do. They just need to do it more consistently.” – Deion Sanders on Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley
– “I really like the Baltimore Ravens going down the stretch for the playoffs.” – Deion Sanders on the Baltimore Ravens
On NFL.com the following video clips from NFL Total Access Kickoff & NFL Thursday Night Kickoff is available for viewing:
– Which Team Needs Homefield Advantage Most? – The NFL Total Access Kickoff crew debate which team needs homefield advantage most in the playoffs:
– Sink or Swim: Who Will Make the Playoffs? – Host Rich Eisen, and analysts Steve Mariucci, Bill Cowher, Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin analyze which teams are sinking and which teams are swimming heading towards the playoffs:
– What are the Bears Thinking after Benching Cutler? – NFL Total Access Kickoff breaks down the latest in Chicago:
With NFL Mobile, stream more live games than ever before. Get Thursday, Sunday & Monday Night primetime NFL games and for the first time, local Sunday afternoon games live on your smartphone. Plus, stream NFL Network 24/7 and NFL RedZone every Sunday live, exclusively from Verizon.
NFL Mobile is available to Verizon Wireless customers with a premium subscription for $5/month. Verizon customers can access live games and NFL Network included with the MORE Everything Plan. NFL RedZone is not included with the More Everything Plan, but can be purchased through NFL Mobile for $1.99/mo. For more information about NFL Mobile from Verizon, visit www.verizonwireless.com/insiders-guide/inside/nfl. Data usage applies for app download use & blackout rules apply.
SATURDAY ON THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL:
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES AT WASHINGTON REDSKINS – 4:30 PM ET (NFL Network)
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS AT SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS – 8:25 PM ET (CBS/NFL Network)
# # #