Quotes From NFL GameDay Highlights & NFL GameDay Final
– “I haven’t seen [Johnny Manziel] grow at all. I expected this period where he got a chance to sit and watch Brian Hoyer, I thought he would grow from what he did in college…I haven’t seen growth from Johnny Manziel.” – LaDainian Tomlinson on Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel who was 10/18 for 80 yards and two interceptions
– “[Johnny Manziel] did some things that were really, not only rookie like, but very undisciplined. He’s got a long way to go. Two more games…he’s got to be better.” – Steve Mariucci on Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel
– “All of this is learning tape for Johnny Manziel. We are going to find out can he retain it, does he learn from it and will he not make the mistakes again? The problem that I have with Johnny Manziel is he’s a playmaker. Some of those plays are in his DNA.” – Marshall Faulk on Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel
– “We saw the same things from Johnny Manziel that we saw in college. He likes to force the ball, especially when he gets pressured. He’s going to give the defense an opportunity for an interception. Going forward he has to learn to play better from the pocket and manage the game a little better.” – LaDainian Tomlinson on Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel
– “I played 16 games with Peyton Manning. As great as he is right now, in those 16 games the one thing that he always talked about was the speed of the game. Didn’t think he could get there…You have to go through it in order to understand it.” – Marshall Faulk on the learning curve for rookie quarterbacks transitioning from college to the NFL
– “I like the momentum that [the Cincinnati Bengals] have going forward.” – LaDainian Tomlinson on the Cincinnati Bengals who shut out the Cleveland Browns 30-0
– “It’s unfortunate because of all the success [the San Francisco 49ers] have had. We know [Jim Harbaugh] is a good coach, we know it’s a banged up team and we know whoever’s going to inherit this team, if Jim does leave, is going to find a very talented competitive team. Jim will find a place to go – there will be several suitors for him. It’s just an unfortunate situation for the 49er faithful.” – Steve Mariucci on the San Francisco 49ers who lost 17-7 to the Seattle Seahawks and have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs
– “[Odell Beckham Jr.] is a true star in the National Football League” – Michael Irvin on New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. who had 12 receptions for 143 yards and three touchdowns
– “What a great acquisition, maybe the best one of the offseason…[Golden Tate] has been really big for the Lions.” – Steve Mariucci on Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate who had seven receptions for 38 yards and a touchdown
– “Jeremy Maclin, he gambled right here saying I will not take a contract let’s play the season out. I think he earned a lot of money.” – Michael Irvin on Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin who had four receptions for 98 yards
– “In Bruce Arians I trust because regardless of what quarterback that he puts on the football field, this defense and him calling plays, they are going to make sure that they have a chance to win these ball games.” – Marshall Faulk on the Arizona Cardinals who beat the St. Louis Rams Thursday and secured a playoff berth Sunday with the Philadelphia Eagles loss to the Dallas Cowboys
On NFL.com the following video clip from NFL GameDay Highlights & NFL GameDay Final are available for viewing:
– Week 15 GameDay Express – Host Chris Rose and analysts Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin recap an exciting Week 15 thus far:
– Playmaker’s Top 5 Grabs – Michael Irvin provides his top 10 performances of Week 15:
– Breaking down Manziel’s Struggles – Host Chris Rose and analysts Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin discuss Johnny Manziel’s debut:
– Are Cowboys a Championship Team? – NFL GameDay Final analyze whether or not the Dallas Cowboys are a championship contender:
About NFL GameDay Highlights
Every Sunday evening at 7:30 PM ET, NFL Network recaps the afternoon action with NFL GameDay Highlights. Host Chris Rose and analysts LaDainian Tomlinson and Steve Mariucci provide highlights, analysis and set the stage for Sunday Night Football.
About NFL GameDay Final
Every Sunday night at 11:30 PM ET, recap the complete day in the NFL with NFL GameDay Final. Host Chris Rose and analysts Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin put the definitive exclamation point on Sundays providing unlimited highlights of all the games, plus post-game press conferences, interviews from the field and locker room, audio captured throughout the day and expert analysis.
NFL Mobile from Verizon
With NFL Mobile, stream more live games than ever before. Get Thursday, Sunday & Monday Night primetime NFL games and for the first time, local Sunday afternoon games live on your smartphone. Plus, stream NFL Network 24/7 and NFL RedZone every Sunday live, exclusively from Verizon.
NFL Mobile is available to Verizon Wireless customers with a premium subscription for $5/month. Verizon customers can access live games and NFL Network included with the MORE Everything Plan. NFL Redzone is not included with the More Everything Plan, but can be purchased through NFL Mobile for $1.99/mo. For more information about NFL Mobile from Verizon, visit www.verizonwireless.com/insiders-guide/inside/nfl. Data usage applies for app download use & blackout rules apply.
– NFL MEDIA –