NFL Network’s ‘NFL Total Access Kickoff’ & ‘NFL Thursday Night Kickoff’ Notes & Quotes – Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals
NFL Total Access Kickoff aired from outside Paul Brown Stadium tonight at 6:00 PM ET on NFL Network, with host Rich Eisen and analysts Steve Mariucci and Kurt Warner providing pregame analysis leading up to Browns-Bengals on Thursday Night Football.
At 7:30 PM ET on NFL Network, James Brown, Deion Sanders and Bill Cowher hosted NFL Thursday Night Kickoff from inside the stadium. Eisen, Mariucci and Warner appeared on the show.
Quotes from NFL Total Access Kickoff
– “I am told that Brian Hoyer and his agent have not spoken to the Browns since this summer about his contract. Expect that to change within the next three weeks as Brian Hoyer faces a critical three-game stretch. In fact, a source told me Hoyer faces a referendum game starting tonight against the Cincinnati Bengals. If he wins and if the Browns continue to be in the playoff hunt, they are expected to approach Hoyer about being paid like a starting quarterback; contract negotiations are expected to begin then. However, if the Cleveland Browns struggle, if they fall out of the playoff race, at that point we must ask the question when will we see Johnny Manziel? I asked a Browns source that. What I was told [is] several key members of the Browns organization are starting to get antsy. They want to see Johnny Manziel. If the Browns falter over the next three weeks, at that point expect to see him.” – Ian Rapoport on Cleveland Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer
– “[Mike Pettine] opened up the competition and he let the best man win – whoever was best in OTAs and the preseason. He chose Brian Hoyer and Brian Hoyer has not disappointed.” – Steve Mariucci on the Cleveland Browns quarterbacks
– “To see the connection with this man and his baby…I applaud him. I admire him. I want to meet her right now.” – Deion Sanders on Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still and his daughter Leah
– “The NFL family, we compete on the field but we’re teammates off the field in the way everybody has banded together to help them fight this fight.” – Kurt Warner on Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still and his daughter Leah
– “They’re throwing the ball down the field…Ben [Roethlisberger] is becoming comfortable in this system, becoming comfortable with these receivers and one of the best things he does is throw the deep ball. I think they’re playing right now to his strength.” – Bill Cowher on the Pittsburgh Steelers in their last two games
– “[Ben Roethlisberger] is playing the position the way you’re supposed to play it…He’s playing the position in a complete fashion.” – Kurt Warner on Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger
– “You are what your record says you are and this is the only team in the National Football League with only one loss. So I’m going to say [the Arizona Cardinals] are the best team.” – Kurt Warner on the 7-1 Arizona Cardinals
Quotes from NFL Thursday Night Kickoff
– “He’s better than a game manager. You can win a championship with Andy Dalton.” – Bill Cowher on Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton
– “This is the biggest game they’ve played since 1999. If you’re going to be considered a contender in the AFC North, you have to be able to win a divisional game on the road.” – Bill Cowher on tonight’s game for the Cleveland Browns
– “Johnny Manziel probably has a stronger arm. Johnny Manziel probably is more athletic. But Johnny Manziel is not ready for the transition to the National Football League. We saw that in the preseason.” – Bill Cowher on Cleveland Browns quarterbacks Johnny Manziel and Brian Hoyer
– “Johnny Manziel is the type of guy that if he’s not going to be your starter, you have to get him out of there. Send him somewhere that he can play.” – Deion Sanders on Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel
– “I think the only reason they are 5-3 is because of the way that Brian Hoyer has played.” – Kurt Warner on Cleveland Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer
– “[A.J. Green] comes to work in practice [and] in games. [He’s] a constant professional on and off the field, can run all routes, can go up and get the ball, can get deep, can move chains [and] can go across the field. He’s the complete and total package.” – Deion Sanders on Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green
– “[The Cincinnati Bengals] really miss Mike Zimmer because [of] his in-game decisions. The way he makes adjustments is vital.” – Deion Sanders on the Cincinnati Bengals defense
On NFL.com the following video clips from NFL Total Access Kickoff & NFL Thursday Night Kickoff is available for viewing:
– NFL Rallying for Devon and Leah Still – Stacey Dales reports on how the NFL has rallied for Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still and his daughter Leah Still:
– Brian Hoyer’s Production vs. Johnny Manziel’s Potential – Mike Mayock joins Rich Eisen, Kurt Warner and Steve Mariucci to discuss the Cleveland Browns quarterbacks:
– Is Brian Hoyer the Browns’ Quarterback of the Future? – James Brown, Bill Cowher and Deion Sanders examine if Brian Hoyer is the quarterback of the future for the Cleveland Browns:
– Who Will Win the AFC North? – NFL Total Access Kickoff discusses which team will win the AFC North:
With NFL Mobile, stream more live games than ever before. Get Thursday, Sunday & Monday Night primetime NFL games and for the first time, local Sunday afternoon games live on your smartphone. Plus, stream NFL Network 24/7 and NFL RedZone every Sunday live, exclusively from Verizon.
NFL Mobile is available to Verizon Wireless customers with a premium subscription for $5/month. Verizon customers can access live games and NFL Network included with the MORE Everything Plan. NFL RedZone is not included with the More Everything Plan, but can be purchased through NFL Mobile for $1.99/mo. For more information about NFL Mobile from Verizon, visit www.verizonwireless.com/insiders-guide/inside/nfl. Data usage applies for app download use & blackout rules apply.
NEXT WEEK ON THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON NFL NETWORK:
BUFFALO BILLS AT MIAMI DOLPHINS — 8:25 PM ET
# # #