NFL Total Access Kickoff aired from outside Sports Authority Field at Mile High tonight at 6:00 PM ET on NFL Network, with host Rich Eisen and analysts Michael Irvin, Steve Mariucci, Kurt Warner and Terrell Davis providing pregame analysis leading up to Chargers-Broncos on Thursday Night Football.
Denver Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway joined NFL Total Access Kickoff on-set.
NFL Total Access Kickoff Quotes:
– “I’m still going to say no. He’s always going to be in the conversation; every record he breaks keeps him in that conversation. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Joe Montana to me are the top three quarterbacks in the history of our game…At the end of the day, it’s always going to come down to championships. All of these great quarterbacks, you’re going to have to have similar championships or at least Super Bowl runs, and I think that’s what drops him just below right now.” – Kurt Warner on if Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback in NFL history
– “He has to win championships…We know he’s going to break all of the records a quarterback can possibly have but the championships to me is the difference maker.” – Terrell Davis on Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning
– “I think the thing that he wants even more that would solidify his position would be a couple championships. Hopefully we can get that done. Peyton Manning is already in the conversation of the greatest player to ever play and if he wins one or two more, he probably ends up being the greatest quarterback to ever play the game.” – John Elway on Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning
– “I would say they are the best team in football. You have to start off with their quarterback [Peyton Manning]. They have arguably the best quarterback in football.” – Terrell Davis on the Denver Broncos
– “I don’t know what other owners are like, but I know when you think about an owner who is the ideal guy, that’s Mr. Pat Bowlen. Without a question.” – Terrell Davis on Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen
– “Had [Philip Rivers] not lost a week ago, he’s probably one of the leaders in the MVP running.” – Deion Sanders on San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers
– “When he was at his best, it was when he was throwing down the field. Malcolm Floyd is back, Antonio Gates is looking back to normal and now Philip Rivers with that confidence is stretching the field.” – Kurt Warner on San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers
– “I believe there are more ways that they can beat you. Their defense isn’t giving up the points they did last year. Obviously the running game is second-to-none right now; DeMarco Murray is playing out of his mind. That only makes Tony Romo [and] Dez Bryant better.” – Kurt Warner on why the Dallas Cowboys are a better team than the Denver Broncos
On NFL.com the following video clip from NFL Total Access Kickoff is available for viewing:
– Making History: Peyton Manning – Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and tight end Julius Thomas, and former Indianapolis Colts/Broncos wide receiver Brandon Stokley discuss playing with Peyton Manning:
With NFL Mobile, stream more live games than ever before. Get Thursday, Sunday & Monday Night primetime NFL games and for the first time, local Sunday afternoon games live on your smartphone. Plus, stream NFL Network 24/7 and NFL RedZone every Sunday live, exclusively from Verizon.
NFL Mobile is available to Verizon Wireless customers with a premium subscription for $5/month. Verizon customers can access live games and NFL Network included with the MORE Everything Plan. NFL Redzone is not included with the More Everything Plan, but can be purchased through NFL Mobile for $1.99/mo. For more information about NFL Mobile from Verizon, visit www.verizonwireless.com/insiders-guide/inside/nfl. Data usage applies for app download use & blackout rules apply.
NEXT WEEK ON THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL:
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS AT CAROLINA PANTHERS — 8:25 PM ET
# # #