CBS & NFL Network’s ‘NFL Thursday Night Kickoff’ Notes & Quotes – San Diego Chargers vs. Denver Broncos
NFL Thursday Night Kickoff aired from inside Sports Authority Field at Mile High tonight at 7:30 PM ET on CBS and NFL Network, with host James Brown and analysts Bill Cowher, Deion Sanders, and Tony Gonzalez providing pregame analysis leading up to Chargers-Broncos on Thursday Night Football.
NFL Thursday Night Kickoff Quotes:
– “Peyton Manning is arguably the best that will ever do it…He’s the offensive coordinator. He’s a coach on the field. He’s probably the smartest player to ever play the game.” – Deion Sanders on Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning
– “He is an offensive coordinator playing quarterback in the NFL. It’s almost unfair how much of a command he has when he’s out there on the offensive side of the ball. There is nothing that he hasn’t seen at least a thousand times. When you have that type of experience, with his work ethic and his arm strength, the way he can zip that ball into the right situation at the right time, there’s no stopping him.” – Tony Gonzalez on Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning
– “Right now [Demaryius Thomas] is the best receiver in the NFL.” – Tony Gonzalez on Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas
– “You see the athleticism in him and it’s very impressive. But the thing that [really impressed me] was, not only does [Julius Thomas] want to be great, he’s willing to put in the work to be great.” – Tony Gonzalez on Denver Broncos tight end Julius Thomas
– “Anytime he steps on the field, [Antonio Gates] is a mismatch nightmare…He’s not getting old, he’s getting better.” – Tony Gonzalez on San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates
– “I think [the San Diego Chargers] have the blueprint for it. They came a year ago and beat this football team.” – Bill Cowher on if the San Diego Chargers will continue having success against the Denver Broncos defense
– “There’s a lot of pressure on Philip [Rivers]. This is the 29th-ranked offense; they’re not running the ball effectively whatsoever.” – Deion Sanders on the San Diego Chargers offense
– “I like [Keenan Allen] because he can run routes, he’s physical, he can get deep…You talk about a guy ready to play today, this guy has come prepared because he’s had a lot of success versus this team.” – Deion Sanders on San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen, who had two touchdowns in his last Thursday Night Football game versus the Denver Broncos
Denver Broncos TE Julius Thomas with CBS’ Tony Gonzalez
CBS’ Tony Gonzalez sat down with Denver Broncos tight end Julius Thomas for an interview on NFL Thursday Night Kickoff:
On how good he wants to be:
“A really good tight end is a guy they say, ‘We have to worry about him on third down. We have to worry about him in the red area. And then we have to worry about him on first and second down.’ I want to be able to go in that huddle and say on any play I’m the guy they can trust.”
On playing with Peyton Manning:
“You can’t beat it. If you’re trying to learn something, what better opportunity than to play with somebody that arguably knows it the best?”
On the discussions that he has with Peyton Manning on the sidelines:
“It feels good for me knowing that a guy that has been playing at a high level for a long time trusts you enough to say take responsibility for learning this new scheme or this new wrinkle we want to add to the game plan. He expects it of you.”
With NFL Mobile, stream more live games than ever before. Get Thursday, Sunday & Monday Night primetime NFL games and for the first time, local Sunday afternoon games live on your smartphone. Plus, stream NFL Network 24/7 and NFL RedZone every Sunday live, exclusively from Verizon.
NFL Mobile is available to Verizon Wireless customers with a premium subscription for $5/month. Verizon customers can access live games and NFL Network included with the MORE Everything Plan. NFL Redzone is not included with the More Everything Plan, but can be purchased through NFL Mobile for $1.99/mo. For more information about NFL Mobile from Verizon, visit www.verizonwireless.com/insiders-guide/inside/nfl. Data usage applies for app download use & blackout rules apply.
NEXT WEEK ON THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL ON NFL NETWORK:
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS AT CAROLINA PANTHERS — 8:25 PM ET
# # #