Airs Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ET Through December 9 – Available Digitally on NFL Now
Advance Premiere Following Chargers-Broncos Thursday, October 23 on NFL Network
Latest in Unscripted Programming on NFL Network
Every year, thousands of college football players leave school with dreams of achieving a career in the National Football League. Of those thousands, 256 players are selected in the NFL Draft. The remaining – the undrafted – are forced to overcome another obstacle to pursue their dream.
NFL Network presents Undrafted, a six-part series premiering Tuesday, October 28 at 9:00 PM ET and airing each Tuesday through December 9. All six episodes tell the stories of players who were undrafted and are currently working to make their dream of playing in the NFL a reality. Each week on NFL Network, an advance premiere of the new episode will air following the Thursday Night Football game, beginning Thursday, October 23 following the Chargers-Broncos game. Digitally, Undrafted will be made available on NFL Now through the service’s premium tier, NFL Now Plus. ($1.99 per month)
Undrafted goes inside the lives and tells the stories of various athletes as they try to fulfill their dreams of playing in the NFL. The series follows each as they prepare for the league’s Super Regional Combines, an alternative showcase for lesser-known college players and older free agents. These Combine events have taken on greater importance in recent years as numerous undrafted players — including current starters on the Seattle Seahawks, Denver Broncos and Dallas Cowboys — have earned important roles on NFL rosters. Each Undrafted episode provides compelling personal and on-field footage of six longshots angling to create a life for themselves in the NFL.
Undrafted is a continuation of a new line of programming for NFL Network, following in the steps of Finding Giants, which offered an in-depth look at the scouts and front office of the New York Giants. All six episodes of Finding Giants are available on NFL Now.
Featured on Undrafted are:
- Harvey Unga – All-time leading rusher at BYU; selected in the seventh round of the 2010 Supplemental Draft by the Chicago Bears
- Terrance Lewis – Wide receiver from Alcorn State University; compiled 12 receiving touchdowns, three kickoff return touchdowns and one punt return touchdown in four seasons at Alcorn State (2009-12)
- Jonathon Sharpe – Linebacker from North Greenville University; totaled 132 tackles, 23.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks and three interceptions in two seasons as a starter (2011 & 2012)
- Akeem Davis – Safety from the University of Memphis; played in 34 games (2009-12) and recorded 162 total tackles and had 13 tackles for loss
- Elijah Anderson – Linebacker from Morehouse College; during the 2011-12 season at Morehouse, he led the team with 72 tackles with 12 tackles for loss for 53 yards, 4.5 sacks and two forced fumbles
- Nnamdi Obukwelu – Defensive tackle from Harvard University; played in 39 career games at Harvard (2010-13) and registered 109 tackles, 21 tackles for loss, 9.0 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery
Undrafted was produced by NFL Network in association with Mandalay Sports Media, DG West and Indigenous Films.
ABOUT NFL NETWORK
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
Currently in more than 72 million homes, NFL Network has carriage agreements with each of the country’s largest television providers including Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Cablevision, Cox, Charter, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can also be streamed live on the NFL Mobile from Verizon app (NFL.com/mobile), the NFL app delivered on XBOX from Microsoft, and through Watch NFL Network (NFL.com/watch), with participating cable and satellite providers. For more information, log on to NFL.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.
– NFL MEDIA –