Exclusive Coverage of ‘Hall of Fame Friday Night’ on Friday at 9:00 PM ET
Six Hours of Live Coverage from Canton on Saturday – Including the ‘2014 Pro Football Enshrinement Ceremony’ – Begins at 4:00 PM ET
Featuring exclusive coverage of ‘Hall of Fame Friday Night’ and six live hours of programming on Saturday, NFL Network is the only place to get complete coverage of the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame weekend.
The 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class features the first punter ever elected into the Hall of Fame, Ray Guy as well as Derrick Brooks, Claude Humphrey, Walter Jones, Andre Reed, Michael Strahan, and Aeneas Williams. A contingent of over 100 Hall of Fame legends will participate in the enshrinement ceremony to celebrate the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s 51st anniversary.
NFL Network’s programming leading up to the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony is highlighted by:
Hall of Fame Friday Night — Friday, August 1 at 9:00 PM ET
For the first time ever, the Gold Jacket Ceremony will be televised, exclusively on NFL Network. On Friday, August 1 at 9:00 PM ET, Hall of Fame – Friday Night shares the ceremony in which the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame class receive their gold jackets.
The Hall of Fame Gold Jacket is one of three physical icons representing an individual’s election to the Hall of Fame. The others are the bronze bust and Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence. The seven new members of the 2014 class will receive their Gold Jackets for the first time, on the eve of their enshrinement.
Commissioner Roger Goodell and Hall of Fame President David Baker, along with the Enshrinees’ presenters take part in the ceremonial presentation of the Gold Jacket. The Gold Jacket is placed on the Hall of Famer by his presenter.
- NFL Network’s Rich Eisen is the emcee of Hall of Fame Friday Night.
- NFL Network’s Stacey Dales provides behind the scenes and backstage access. Dales will also conduct one-on-one interviews with various incoming and returning Gold Jackets throughout the entirety of the one-hour special.
There are expected to be more than 80 returning Gold Jackets among the 4,500 people in attendance for this dinner.
Hall of Fame Saturday — Saturday, August 2 at 4:00 PM ET
On Saturday at 4:00 PM ET, NFL Network will air a pre-show to the 2014 Pro Football Enshrinement Ceremony. On the pre-show are short NFL Films’ produced features of three members in the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame class:
- “NFL Without Strahan” – Michael Strahan
- “The Specialist: Ray Guy” – Ray Guy
- “Middle Man: Andre Reed” – Andre Reed
In addition, NFL Network’s Rich Eisen, Kurt Warner, Warren Sapp, Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin will have a roundtable discussion on a variety of topics including:
- What it takes to be recognized as a legend in the NFL and what it takes to make it to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Interviews with special guests Lawrence Taylor (Hall of Fame: Class of 1999) and Jim Kelly (Hall of Fame: Class of 2002).
- The future of wide receivers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as Randy Moss and Terrell Owens become eligible in the next few years.
- A discussion on which eligible player or coach not currently in the Pro Football Hall of Fame is the most deserving for next year’s class.
- Connections with various members of this year’s class.
- Warren Sapp’s former teammate was Derrick Brooks.
- Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner’s former teammate was Aeneas Williams.
- Kurt Warner’s former teammate was Michael Strahan.
- The crew will also present various preseason awards.
2014 Pro Football Enshrinement Ceremony — Saturday, August 2 at 7:00 PM ET
On Friday, August 2 at 7:00 PM ET, NFL Network will begin coverage of the 2014 Pro Football Enshrinement Ceremony. The Pro Football Hall of Fame class of 2014 presenters:
|Derrick Brooks||Decalon Brooks||Son|
|Ray Guy||John Madden||Former Raiders head coach|
|Claude Humphrey||Cheyenne Humphrey-Robinson||Daughter|
|Walter Jones||Walterius Jones||Son|
|Andre Reed||Marv Levy||Former Bills head coach|
|Michael Strahan||Jay Glazer||Friend and FOX NFL Sunday colleague|
|Aeneas Williams||Lawrence Williams||Father|
After the show, a special live edition of NFL Total Access airs recapping the 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony.
ABOUT NFL NETWORK
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
Currently in more than 72 million homes, NFL Network has carriage agreements with each of the country’s largest television providers including Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Cablevision, Cox, Charter, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can also be streamed live on the NFL Mobile from Verizon app (NFL.com/mobile), the NFL app delivered on XBOX from Microsoft, and through Watch NFL Network (NFL.com/watch), with participating cable and satellite providers. For more information, log on to NFL.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.
– NFL MEDIA –